Cutscene Work in Progress (Early)

Hello! Currently playing around with what I can do with cutscenes and did a short test cutscene. Theres still a lot of things needed to be done. I’m planning to add character portaits and have them appear towards the direction of the speaker. I want it to be similar to the way they did it in fire emblem awakening. Short movements of 3d characters with 2d character portraits on the main cutscenes, and just 2d portraits when talking one on one. I’ll probably finish that by next week.

Forest Part 2 (Work in Progress)

Hey guys! Short update. Just finished coding the battle camera pan. I can now set it up manually on every battle area. Other than that, just minor additions like effects and other menus.

Forest (Work In Progress)

Hello! Been busy working on the first level. Still needs a lot of work. I am going to add more bushes, trees, and props next update since it feels empty. I am also not sure if adding jump is a good idea. My character can jump up cliffs and it’s starting to become a problem. Battle also needs a lot of work. Hopefully I can get an updated version of this next week. Everything is still a work in progress and can change.

Debug Room

Hello! A bit slow on updating again. Most of the work done the past 2 weeks were programming related. I decided to go back to using an RPG framework again. I think this will make things faster than having to code everything on my own. Also integrated some of the assets I bought.
I’m currently in the process of making a debug room, to test gameplay mechanics and see if they work correctly. I’m also playing around with good camera angles for battle.


Finished the Goblins. They are a bit easier than the other ones since they are bipedal humanoids. They currently only have idle and run animations for now. I just need one more enemy plus some bosses I don’t know yet for the forest level and I think that’s it.

I’m planning to start working on code next week. Once the forest level is done I will have a small demo to show off the concept for the game. I can probably ask for help from other artists and programmers afterwards.


Bird Enemy

Hello! Haven’t done as much as I hoped this week, but I finally got the control rig done for the bird enemy. It was a bit harder than I thought. Overall, my pace has been a bit faster lately and I have more free time now. I’m able to do a short update a week. I’m planning to finish part of the forest level first, so I’m mostly doing feral enemies currently.


Boar Story

Finished creating the boar enemy and having fun running around with it.

612 Tris with 512×512 texture.


Here is the original enemy from Crystal Story II:


Main Char Redo

Didn’t do much this week. I’m sick -_-
Anyway I kinda redid the main char. I’m also currently redoing animations since the run cycle is a bit broken.

Menu (WIP)

Hello! Managed to do some work on the main menu. Everything is still temporary and most of the buttons aren’t working yet. I also added drawings as temporary placeholders to see how they look. I need to hire an actual artist once everything plans out. -_-

I also reevaluated my plans these past weeks, which made me realize that this game is too big for a one person team. I decided to cut some of the things I have planned, and maybe just put them back if I managed to make a sequel.


3d Characters


Still not as much free time, so no video -_-. I decided to work on 3D stuff and start redoing my characters. I ended up sticking to the original design and added 5 fingers instead of just an open palm. I improved the base model, but it’s pretty minor. I’m planning to have just 3 playable characters. 1 boy, 1 girl, and Guide the robot. This way, I might actually finish something.